If you are like most people, your major complaint about the healthcare proposal out of Washington is how expensive it will be. While true that it will cost more to implement, MRI scans are going up in price as well.
extremity MRI in Denville, NJ is the new state-of-the-art technology that is finding a place in New Jersey, and despite the cost, it is worth using the service.
Extremity MRI uses magnetic resonance (MR) imaging to create detailed 3D images of bones, muscles, ligaments, and tendons in and around every part of your body that can be pinched, squeezed, or stretched.
The use of extremity MRI consists of patients lying on a bed that slides into the bore of a magnet. Information is collected by taking several two-second “slices” for each angle within the body area being scanned.
Uses of extremity MRI:
- It can show problems in your joints and muscles when they are strained or bent by injury or aging.
- It may be used to diagnose conditions such as arthritis, bone fractures, joint problems, bone spur formation, and sheath tumors that do not show up on conventional x-rays.
- It can help diagnose problems in ligaments, tendons, and muscles. The images often provide information unavailable from either plain radiographs or MRI exams performed in the past.
- It provides images of soft tissues like nerve roots, tendons, and joints that are often difficult to see using other imaging techniques such as ultrasound or CT scans.
- It can be used to evaluate suspected tumor masses and ease the diagnostic process by allowing your doctor to provide more definitive diagnoses and treatment options
The cost of extremity MRI is rising along with the medical costs in general. Using this new technology will most likely save the patient money long-term, which is the main reason that it should be used.
On a concluding note, the technology has been available for some time in other countries, and there are little to no reports of complications or problems. With that said, if you have the funds and need the service, it will most likely be worth your while.